My Bonhoeffer Book, and Videos:
Why He Matters Right Now and How He Can Help
Us
I’ve never been as excited to have a book published as I am right now. Reading the Bible with Bonhoeffer: A Study in Discipleship and Courage has just rolled off the press, and I’m pumped up about it, and proud of it – mostly because I am sure no figure in Christian history matters so much right now as Bonhoeffer. His living in the face of, and his profound theological response to evil and chaos inspire me, and will inspire you. Beyond that, his reflections on prayer, community, family, church, and religion itself are eloquent, wise, and thought-provoking. I love Bonhoeffer.
There are lots of books on Bonhoeffer! But I
feel mine is special, balanced, thoroughly researched, and focused on how and
why Bonhoeffer matters for us in our world right
now.
So check out any or all of these things. The
publisher, Abingdon Press, put out a 2 minute video preview which captures the spirit of
the book.
There’s the book itself! Reading the Bible with
Bonhoeffer: A Study in Discipleship and Courage (←that’s the Amazon link, but
you can also get it also from Cokesbury) – which is also available in e-book/Kindle.
You might enjoy – yourself, or with a group
– our 6-part video series featuring content (me talking) and Bonhoeffer places
in Germany (where I visited and have brought video and photos home for this).
These 12-15 minute videos are available in DVD, and are also downloadable
online from Amplify Media. If you buy the book, you get a
code that provides you access to the videos.
Recently I spoke on Dietrich
Bonhoeffer: What I Learned Visiting His Places, and Why He Matters Right Now, which you can watch. You might
even want to travel with me to see where he lived and died
in April 2027!
Back in
April, 2025, I gave a one hour multimedia presentation on his life and
theology: Dietrich Bonhoeffer: Why He
Matters Now and Always
As an introduction to Bonhoeffer, back in
2010 I published a short introduction to Bonhoeffer’s life and thought in my Heroes Found Faithful series.

.jpg)